Tuesday 30 November 2010

Let it Snow !!

Hello everyone.

It's been a couple of weeks since I managed to get on here and catch up on what has been going on at the club, I've been rather busy lately but now I'm sitting here in the warm on a snowy evening and it gives me the perfect opportunity....


Last week we had another taste of papercrafting as we created some lovely decorated tree chocolates, adorned with Santas and Rudolphs and choir boys made using paper punched shapes yet again.





Once again everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves, maybe it was the chocolate...lol...and for some of us we also had the Knitting and Needlecraft Show at Harrogate to look forward to on Thursday.


This was my first visit to this particular show, held at The International Exhibition Centre in Harrogate, as well as trade stands selling every imaginable yarn, bead, fabric and tools that you didn't even know you didn't need, there was a fantastic exhibition of craft work and demonstations of many varied techniques. I was left feeling that there just isn't enough time to try everything....but I'm going to have a darned good attempt, I really love trying new things out. I came home with some more varigated yarn to make "Those" Scarves and lots of lovely little beads, almost too nice to use, I owe Linda a huge thank you, I think, for pointing me in the right direction to find these little beauties.


Friday morning through to Monday evening saw Kate and I ensconced at The Viking Centre in Claxby sharing a Crafty Christmas (Including a tree and lights, Secret Santa and Christmas Dinner and Crackers) with six other crafters who have become really good friends over the years, although the weather meant that some other people who were going to join us for part of the weekend couldn't make it, we had a lovely time and look forward to the next Claxby event. Kate and I organise these weekends three times a year and hope that there will be more of our local crafters able to join us in the future.


Today I was once again off to Harrogate to take my eldest daughter home, the weather was reasonably kind on our way to Harrogate but closed in on the way home and I was really glad to get home in one piece.


This evening Sylvia telephoned me to tell me that we had had a reply to our funding bid and the good news is that our bid has passed the first stage and we are now required to put in a more detailed submission. Carol (from the Hub)has offered to help us with this, for which I for one am very grateful. One of the things that will help us to get funds for our club is evidence that the club does what we say it does, so letters from members, telling their own stories of what the club means to them would provide very good evidence to add to the bid. If you would like to help with this please e-mail your letter to Stella at the Hub, as soon as possible. e-mail address : rasenhub@live.co.uk
We want to get the bid in as soon as possible, it would be a wonderful Christmas present to us all if we can get the money to buy some equipment for the club.
I'm not sure about getting to craft club tomorrow, the roads out here are pretty awful at the moment, but if I can't make it, I shall look forward to seeing you all soon.


Bye for now


Bee.




1 comment:

  1. I am snowed in at West Rasen tonight and it is still coming down. Very much doubt we will make it to Club tomorrow. I was very much looking forward to it - Poo!

    ReplyDelete